Thursday, August 23, 2007

Its the call we all been waiting for....

Tomorrow between the hours of 3 to 6pm EST is when I receive confirmation on what time they want my freshly shampooed head at the hospital on Monday. Oddly enough, I am like the sponge of useless knowledge and yet I cannot soak up the fact that they are going to be drilling a hole in my head and putting this contraption in my ear. I spend my free time reading about others going through their candidacy process, surgery, activations and their new hearing moments. As a result, I am so amazed with how they are making out that I put myself on the back burner.

It is all so surreal to me, like tye-dye pigs with rhinestone collars soaring through the air.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work with Abbie and she is one fantastic young lady. I wish you all the best. I promise I won't get too sentimental on you here.
Love, Bernie

Anonymous said...

If you have ever met Abbie you will then understand why she has so many wonderful and caring comments on her blog. She is truly a remarkable young woman. Abbie has a smile that lights up a room when she walks in! Her smile will be that much brighter when she is able to hear the rushing sound of the waves on the beach and the leaves rustling in the trees. Love you Abbie and only wish good things for you.

Deafskeptic said...

Mm.. I notice that you're a Stephen King fan.

I'd recommend that you put off reading his book Cell unless you've already read it. ;)

I'd hate to be a cochlear implantee in his book Cell. LOL.