Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I will never forget September 11th, 2001.

Today is a day that is an unforgettable moment. Today is a day I can forever visualize with clarity as the events unfolded in my own minds eye. Today is a day that I discovered the true sentiment of mourning. Today is a day for remembrance for those who lost their lives then and are fighting to stay alive now. Today is the day for those who are affected by September 11, 2001. Six years later and it still feels like it happened yesterday.



This morning, I attended a ceremony in honor of those who lost their lives in the 9-11 tragedy. It was pouring rain out but loads of people still attended. Running the risk of becoming little damp or soaking dripping wet is trivial compared to what happened six years ago. As I stood there admiring the flag flying that was attached the raised ladder on the firefighter truck, you can feel the sadness emanating from those who attended. You can see the group eyes glaze over with tears as they remember their personal documentary in their minds.

Officials were speaking and all I was able to catch were the words September 11th. It wasn’t imperative that I had to know what was being said because the sanctity of the occasion was enough for me. In the middle of the ceremony, a gentle soul that I work with name Bea nudged me and said, “Just think, next year you will be able to hear this.” It took me a moment to digest what she said because I was so focused on the flag waving in the air, holding my coffee, trying to decipher the speaker, and holding my umbrella. Juggling is not a career choice for me. Once I become conscious of not what she said but what she meant, I blurted out, “You are so right!” At that moment, Bea brought a different perspective of my journey into sound probably without her realizing it. I have been so focused on specific sounds but now, I look forward to hearing the sentiment of one’s voice. It has been so long since I have been able to hear happiness, sadness, anxiousness, and irateness in anyone’s voice. It would be a blessing to know the emotional intention of the spoken word again.

“No matter how hard we try words simply cannot express the horror, the shock, and the revulsion we all feel over what took place in this nation on Tuesday morning. September 11 will go down in our history as a day to remember.” by Bill Graham

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here I am an outsider who is very passionate about not only the medical advancements of science and how they impact our lives but also this very unique individual we all know as the Bionic Woman. I was introduced to this web site and this particular individual through someone I dearly respect. My Wife. Not only did wifey pick me, but the individuals she has introduced has provided me with a wealth of education, laughter, heart ache and some drinking habits that will continue for life. The wife started working out with the Bionic woman sometime ago and through her stories I found myself extremely intrigued about this beautiful blond with deep blue eyes who would work her tail off in the gym. We were scheduled for drinks, dinner and possibly just hanging out but never our luck. I was able to get a glimpse of her on her my space or website of something that was shown to me. But now I sit and log on to this web site and look forward to reading what Abbie has posted.
This particular post inspired me to write and for all the right reasons. This is a day for remembering what we all have that is wonderful and precious to us all. My wife who has given me the opportunity to read and follow this gorgeous woman in her live. My achievements to this world and seeing advancements in technologies that give hope for those who look for it. And those wonderful individuals that share their experiences through the written word, as Abbie has demonstrated so eloquently in the past couple of weeks. I hope you all enjoy everyday that you are on this earth, and if you want to give me any that you do not want I would be happy to take them. Abbie I look forward to meeting you face to face someday. This way we can see if the implant really does work properly. Because I am the greatest guitar player and singer in the world. But till then I look forward to all your written words and hope for your advancements in this procedure.