Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Halfway mark reached for ALDA Convention!

I am SO stoked! As you know, I am trying to raise a $1,000 dollars in ten days to attend the Association of the Late-Deafened Convention in Chicago from October 29th to November 2nd because I want to learn and educate myself on the different needs of those that are late-deafened. This past Saturday, I posted a blog asking for help and many thanks to your support, you have helped me achieve over 50% of my goal.

I am literally overwhelmed and so honored to have so many of you sponsor me! Thank you is not enough for all of you who pulled through and made a donation in these tough economic times to give me a chance to experience this.

Mike Royer
who is truly, a sensitive and emotional guy posted this on his blog:

Abbie Cranmer is raising funds in order to attend the 20th annual Association of Late Deafened Adult (ALDA) Convention in Chicago. I can't think of anyone more deserving to go -- Abbie is truly the ears, eyes, and voice for the cochlear implant community. She is a brilliant writer, one who can captivate and substantially contribute to the well-being of others with encouragement, love and support. Going through the CI process is indeed, a process. We all need a friend -- please help send our "kid" Abbie to camp!


Tom Hannon, a wonderful man and a late deafened adult who has a cochlear implant wrote me this email that just places everything in perspective:

Oh dear Abbie,

As a man up woke up suddenly profoundly deaf two years ago on 10.10.2006 I would have never known in my wildest dreams what laid ahead in the next 352 days in a Deafening World of Silence! And what I discovered I never knew existed, and how I discovered much of it was from you!


Thank you for your support!

4 comments:

mishkazena said...

Good Luck, Abbie

I hope you can go. I look forward to you posting about the conference :D

Debbie/Steve said...

I'm excited that you'll be going to ALDA con. I've attended once time and it was FUN. Be sure to share with us about your wonderful adventure.

Loudest Mom said...

Abbie-

I tried to contribute, but the link says I'm too late..... Please let me know if you re-open the link. We had some family health issues pop up that took me off my blog for awhile. But, because of the kids and their future desire to do the same things, I would love to help if possible.

If not, ENJOY!
Melissa

Abbie said...

Hi! I had no idea that it was end the day of! I just created a new event that you can donate at any time to the 25th. I would love to see your kids follow in my footsteps, it is truly gratifying! Thank you for your willing to donate! It means so much to me!